“Analysis gave me great freedom of emotions and fantastic confidence. I felt I had served my time as a puppet.”
- I finished my analysis (It certainly took longer than 30 minutes, but I anticipated that), and overall, this week was a week of enjoyable learning.
CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)
- Film chosen: I first decided on The King, but then watched The Sound of Music (for the first time, and without any initial intention to use it for my analysis) and enjoyed it so much that I decided to replace The King with it for the analysis blog post.
OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY, PRODUCTIVITY & THE BRAIN)
- Review the How to Practice Self-Care During COVID-19 infographic for 5 minutes (Click for larger PDF version)
- During my walk, I was able to think about another new piece of my de-stress/gtd system. This piece is slightly less oriented around actually getting things done, but it does focus on visualising and looking forward.
- I’ve begun to create weekly goals that I decide on Sunday night before I go to sleep. For example: my goal this week is to find and maintain balance – mainly between my fitness/training, my schoolwork, and my mental health/self-care. The third is something I am always wanting more of, and is something that I hopefully find more time for (yet another reason for me to strive to have a successful GTD system – use my time effectively and efficiently so that I have an excess amount of time to direct towards my self/mental health.
- I’m excited for this week’s goal, and I hope to always be excited about every goal that I set.
- I love reading little pages like the one above, because they remind me that there are so many sources out there that are dedicated towards bettering people’s mental health. While this also makes me aware of how much potential there is for variation among those sources, they are still resources that I am grateful for.
- Film finally chosen: The Sound of Music
WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED
- I solved the problem of choosing a film – when given loosley guided choices such as this film choice, I usually struggle with my indecision. However, I luckily sat down to watch The Sound of Music (after thinking I already had my movie – The King) with my mother and decided I enjoyed it far more and that it would be a better film overall to analyze.
- I also turned my blog post in on time muahaha and…. I believe that’s it for now.