Film – Week 13 – Changes

film
“film” by popturfdotcom is licensed under CC BY 2.0

“The most honest form of filmmaking is to make a film for yourself.”

― Peter Jackson,  Link

SUMMARY

• Followed instructions of course, but realized my recent mistake that I have made in the past two weeks that has forced me to turn in my assignments on Sunday instead of my determined Saturday (luckily from now on the mistake will not be made again!).

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS)

Screenshot from sneakonthelot.com
Screenshot from sneakonthelot.com
  • Production Complete

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS)

Screenshot from The Story of Film Trailer on NetworkReleasing YouTube channel

OUTSIDE (CREATIVITY, PRODUCTIVITY & THE BRAIN)

Worksheet from bananatreelog.com
  • I recall a moment that occured not long ago – I believe it was a week, maybe a week and a half ago. I was laying in bed, but though I tried, I could not fall asleep. And the reason became apparent, but it seemed outrageous at the time. I realized I couldn’t fall asleep because my mind was so empty and free of thought. I had used my GTD system so well, that I couldn’t fall asleep in the way that I was accustomed to – which was to think of the things swirling around in my brain until I was sleeping. Unfortunately this moment has not repeated itself.
  • I am grateful for that night, and would like it to recur until I am used to it and am comfortable with my mind having a sense of emptiness. This sense brings with it calm and relaxation, and would be greatly welcome right now.
  • As for reflecting on this recent strategy (for reframing negative thoughts), I look forward to using it in the future, and am hopeful that it will aid me in my quest for complete stress alleviation. Sometimes things that appear complex and stressful are simply waiting to be broken down.
  • I live a relatively fast-paced life, and I’ve become accustomed to it. Sometimes I feel that I almost enjoy being in a rush; but when I sit (or walk) and think about it, I know that this is not the case. I am an athlete, and when I’m moving quickly, I feel that I am making progress. While this might be true for some aspects of my sport, after reflecting, I can acknowledge that I need to draw a firmer line between this sport association and my school/work life.
  • I then need to find unfailing ways of maintaining this line, this border. I would like to try to embrace moments of growth in which I might be sitting still, and in which the only movement that may be occurring is inside my mind. This has always been a struggle for me – I am a moving, changing person, and I feel as if I am losing my ability to relax. No more!
  • My sister made a comment recently that has stuck with me. She was expressing her frustration (perhaps directed at my constant rushing and apparent time shortage) and noted that “we all” (the family) should try to do things that have no purpose. I interpreted her words as this: we should do things that have pure intentions, or very little intention at all – this will then help dissolve some of the stress that is placed around all of the things that do have clear intentions. I agree, and I realize that I miss lounging around and relaxing – things that I rarely do anymore. This week (the week of December 7th) I am going to try to consciously/unconsciously (I don’t know which one is better for the time being) relax. I am very excited by this goal. I would love to relax.
  • I think in the end, GTD systems are made to allow more time for relaxing, and so, after a good deal of reflection, I have come to the conclusion that my GTD system will not only be utilized with the intention of getting things done, but also with the intention of creating time wherein nothing needs to be done. Time for nothing.

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED

• I realized that I wasn’t spending enough time working on Film assignments on Mondays, and decided that I would complete 2 pomodoro timers worth of film work every Monday. My schedule is increasingly complex, but I’m determined to master it, and to utilize each of my GTD systems to the best of my ability.

WEEKLY ACTIVITY EVALUATION

• Give feedback on this week’s class Content and Process
  • DELETE THIS WHOLE SECTION, AFTER YOU ARE DONE